What you'll need:
1. a sharpening stone or any hard, solid object that can fit into the leg of your pants
2. telephone directory or any other thick book you don't mind thrashing
3. rough sand paper. make sure it's really rough or it'll take you forever to complete this diy
4. an old pair of jeans
5. a hammer
This is a fun project you can do with your kids since it is anything but precise.
1. Determine which part of your jeans you want the most distressed, hammer away to thin fabric.
2. Place sharpening stone on the area you would like to sand down, start sanding away. You can also use the "nail remover" part of the hammer to rub the fabric at first to quicken the process, finish with sand paper.
3. Don't hammer over the sharpening stone or this will happen:
use the phone directory to cushion the force of the hammer. Just lay your jeans on top of it and start hammering away. Don't forget to pay close attention to the seams.
4. You may vacuum the lint mid-way. It can get really messy. I wanted to wear these pants on the same night before washing so I just vacuumed my jeans as well with the small attachment. (hehe)
5. Rub down the entire pants with sandpaper to give it a more "finished look". Don't forget the back pockets!
6. You're done, wear 'em!
You can also grab a magic marker and draw on little details like these...
I drew the peace sign and my daughter drew herself on the pocket
Hope this helped you, you can add as many holes as you want and I probably will in the next few days. Feel free to ask questions in case I missed out something.