I enjoy working with my hands, wether it may be sewing, jewelry projects or all different kinds of crafts. It's one of my dreams to own a garage filled with every single power tool available in the hardware.
We moved into our condo in a rush and didn't really have the leisure of time to color coordinate paint nor the resources to shop for new furniture. Almost everything we have were handed down to us by both our grandparents and parents. Others, I salvaged from Mamita's storage.
Our walls have been white with gray trim since day 1. We started embarking on a minor renovation a couple years back but then we had the "big" accident and our finances went towards repairing that mess instead.
Like I said, finances are limited, but since I nejoy doing things myself and like having pretty surroundings, I am embarking on this major project alone. It will be my biggest DIY project of the year and I would like to share my progress with you since this blog has helped me improve a lot fashion-wise, I'm thinking it will help keep me inspired and give me the push I need to keep going and finish the project. (Don't worry, I'll still be doing outfit posts and stuff :), I'll just be adding a few home DIYs to the current mix.) Hope you don't mind but more improtantly, I hope you will enjoy going through this journey with me.
|Proposed Wall Color - Mud O' Pie|
It looks a lot better in person :)
Past DIY project, I re-did this old table which belonged to my great, great grandmother, Mama Clara. It used to be a dark brown varnish with a marble tabletop. I changed the color and switched to glass from marble, partially due to the fact that the movers broke the original marble table top. Anyway, I like it better this way. Sorry, didn't clean up the mess on it anymore.
Another old project and another one of Mama Clara's pieces. I practically salvaged this from the trash. And sorry, I tried rotating and rotating this phot but it stillc ame out lopsided. Anyway, here's what I did with this one...which by the way comes in a pair. They're husband and wife Igorot lamps. It used to be in a dark brown varnish finish, one missing ear and the shade was just a goner. Cracked and terribly discolored. I was supposed to have the shade replaced but when I found out how much it was gonna cost me (about 3k a piece), I decided to just work with it. I sanded down the igorot, smoothed the edges where the earring was missing and gave it a fresh coat of paint. I also made some tassles and added that to the mix. For the shade, I bought an inexpensive curtain from SM (cheaper than buying fabric), created the pattern, cut it up and stuck it on the old shade with some Elmer's spray glue. I finished it off with a gross-grain ribbon to hide the un-even edges.
Leftover paint from previous projects.
What I'm working on today:
This is done, just waiting for the paint to dry, will show after tomorrow :)
Re-painting my kitchen cabinets in the fire escape:
So excited to post the before and after, forgot to remove the tape from the handles! :P
Amazing what a little coat of paint can do! So there, I hope I didn't bore you. I am just really excited about this project and can't wait to share the end result with all of you! :)
BTW, there's still some more stuff left in my closet sale. Visit my FB fanpage to check them out. Thanks!
Have a great weekend!