Neon is everywhere and is probably one of the biggest fashion trends this year. Learn how to update your wardrobe on the cheap with this very simple DIY process!
- Neon Spray Paint - about P300 and can be purchased at most hardware shops. Try True Value or Ace Hardware.
- Whatever you want to inject neon into, in this case, a straw fedora which I bout in SM last year for only P150.
- Put those awful credit card bills to use and use them as scratch paper to protect areas of your project :P
- Protect the areas you don't want the paint to penetrate by protecting it with tape and your old credit card bills/newspaper/scratch paper. :P
- Go to ventilated area and spray on your first coat (follow instructions on the back of spray can)
- Repeat after a couple of minutes.
You can also apply the same rules for a variety of other projects. Here are a couple of my favorites which I am planning to get started on soon:
*paint the bottom of an old straw/native bag
*spray paint an old necklace/earrings/bracelet
and my absolute favorite, paint the heels of your old pumps!
I'm still searching my dungeon of a shoe cabinet for a perfect pump for this project. Will share with you when I've found it
There you go! Hope this inspired you to start spraying. I would love to see what items you decide to inject some neon into. Share? :)
Remember guys, before you pull out that credit card from your wallet, search your cabinets first. There may be a lot of things you can still DIY to save cash :)