Hello luvs! This is Ann of NLFBlog, and I’m here to show you guys a simple DIY project that you can try anytime, using materials from your own closet!
1. Denim Shorts (Or any item of clothing that you’d like to “update” the look)
2. Printed Fabric scraps (or in this case, an old printed skirt that I haven’t worn and just marinating in my closet)/leather/lace
3. Fabric glue/Sewing Kit/Sewing machine
4. Pair of scissors
1. Make sure first that you have a clean working space/table and maybe play some good music for inspiration (lols). As for me, I always have the TV on the background while working my DIYs, preferably on the Lifestyle network, for more inspiration. I prefer using fabric glue, because I am not that well versed in sewing, even though I have Bertha (my sewing machine).
2. Decide which part of the short you want to put your accents. I decided to put mine on the left side of the front part.
3. I also want to add an accent on the right side pocket. Of course, you can put the accent on both pockets, if you like.
4. I decided to use this denim because for me, the tribal pattern (black and white) will look best with it. You can also use florals, stripes, dots, leopard, or any other busty print that you can get your hands into.
5. I basically glued the fabric around the edges. The trick with using fabric glue is that you have to make sure the fabric you use is thick enough so that the glue would not seep right through it (believe me, I’ve destroyed a lot of clothes because I did not check first). So, when you will be suing laces or silk, I think it’s better to sew them on.
6. Same process goes to the back pocket. Don’t you just love how the print stood out?