Here's a fun, cheap and easy project you can do with all those plain t-shirts you have lying around...
What You'll Need:
- an old t-shirt in a dark color
- synthetic paint brush
- old jar
This was just my practice shirt so I didn't really put much though into the design. I was listening to the Beatles at the time and I've always been a big fan so I decided to do a Beatles Day Tripper DIY shirt. However, you can do whatever design you want applying the same method. A nice tribal graphic would look great as well as some kitschy animal drawings or your favorite poem/quote from a book.
Anyway, here's how...
- Sketch the dsign on your t-shirt with chalk:
- Once you're happy with your design, put a little bleach in a jar
- Insrt cardboard in your shirt so bleach doesn't bleed through the back
- Dip your brush and start painting
- You will need to go over your design about 3 times
When you're done, you should end up with something like this:
|beatles day tripper shirt|
It's so awesome in the "I made this shirt myself" punk style sensibility right? It's taking all my self-control not to bleach out all my black t-shirts! Hope you like! Don't forget, relax and have fun with it :)