The "Christmas Launch" was held last November 19, 2014 at Greenbelt 5's Fashion Walk.
It was an intimate event held to kickstart the lighting of Greenbelt's Christmas lights and decorations, the Silent Auction and several other activities set to spread the Christmas spirit to their shoppers.
I haven't been feeling the "holiday cheer" but after attending this event with all the twinkling lights, fireworks, bubbly, a Christmas orchestra, and a generally generous atmosphere amongst everyone there, I gotta say, it has crept right back in and here I am right now writing this with Michael Buble's Christmas album on loop! :P
Christmas is all about giving back (and of course, receiving too!:P).
Here's some activities to look forward to at Greenbelt this holiday season that will surely get you in the mood to celebrate and give thanks to all the blessings you received this 2014:
- The Silent Auction - Launched this same day, the Silent Auction aims to raise funds Habitat for Humanity's Bohol Program which aims to rebuild more than 5,000 homes in Bohol that were ravaged by Typhoon Yolanda, Sto. Niño de Paz's Little Sisters of the Poor (for the elderly) and Ayala Foundation's Sibaltan Women of El Nido and CENTEX (centers of excellence in public education that promote music, visual and performing arts).
- bid on overnight stays at premium hotels for a fraction of its original price
- bid on designer clothing and shoes by Onitsuka Tiger for as low as P1950
- bid on an OMEGA constellation clock for just P30,000
+ lots more and don't forget, proceeds go to charity! That's some guilt-free shopping for you! ;)
2. The Christmas Station - a one stop shop venue for all your Christmas shopping needs! Located at Greenbelt 3's Right Wing, the Christmas station will include a:
- Christmas Market -purchase from participating merchants and customize your Christmas bags! Make each gift unique and personal. Themes change every 2 weeks, beginning with a food market, followed by a beauty market and lastly, an apparel market! + GET FREE gift wrapping services for purchases above P2,500 at the WRAPPING STATION!
3. 12 Days of Christmas Treats - random Greenbelt shoppers will receive different treats for 12 days from December 12 to 23!
4. Wish List Station - for every purchase of P5,000, P10,000 and P25,000, shoppers get to choose from a list of items as a Holiday Treat or you can opt to donate to charity instead (nothing like giving back to make you truly feel the spirit of Christmas!)
5. Designer Christmas Trees - after all, what is Christmas without Christmas Trees? Designers from the Greenbelt Filipino Zone were given fresh trees to decorate! See them on display at Greenbelt's Fashion Walk. You can even bid on them and take them home for your entire family enjoy.
There you go, 5 things to look forward to at Greenbelt this Christmas!
To further help you get in the mood, here's a playlist of Michael Buble's Christmas Songs (one of my favorite Christmas albums of all time :P)
And before you go, don't forget to join my giveaways!