Any thoughts on food supplements? Are you open to them or do you prefer straight meds?
I personally hate medicine and only take it when I absolutely have to. I think there's some truth to the conspiracy theory that certain pharmaceutical companies produce substandard meds to prolong your sickness or translate it into something else before curing you to make more money. I'm not being crazy paranoid, it's just business right? They aren't saints. Probably the opposite actually when you think about it.
So anyway, supplements, I much prefer cause they're most of the time pretty straight forward: fruit, vegetable or herb extracts. Stuff I can actually understand and imagine, not a mumbo jumbo of chemicals all thrown in together...
|organique acai review|
Nothing personal against people who prefer to take over the counter medication and those who provide it, I just find it odd to trust these people 100% and put a bunch of stuff I'm not familiar with in my body unless absolutely necessary...
But then again, no. I might pay a visit to my Chinese doctor first for some herbal tea. But that's just me and the kind of person I am.
Having said that, hope you better understand my standpoint and where I'm coming from writing about this.
Todo explain because I think writing about health, treatments and such is a sensitive topic so I just want you to better understand my angle on it. :)
So anyway, moving on...
I've heard a lot about the benefits of Acai before when I was into juicing. I wanted to get my hands on some but it was difficult to find in our country and super expensive. Fast forward to a week ago when I was invited to lunch by my friends at Digital Circles to know more about this new food supplement.
Because all people are built differently, what might work for me might not work for you but allow me to share its benefits and my experience with you.
According to the literature provided, here's 37 reasons to include Acai in your diet:
(those in purple are the changes I experienced personally)
- Provides more protein than egg for a stronger body, hair, nails and hair
- Cleans and detoxifies the body of contaminants
- Amino acids make it a great recovery drink after tedious workouts
- Increases energy and stamina
- Stress relief
- Improves sexual health
- Aids body synergy/improves immune system
- Potent anti-aging food
- May help prevent prostate enlargement
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Reduce and prevent PMS/cramps/bloating etc
- Prevent Heart disease
- Reduce Bad cholesterol
- Sterols may lower blood pressure (BP)
- Protect blood vessels
- Thwarts retinopathy
- Improves glucose and lipid levels
- WEIGHT Control
- Prevents free radical damage to immune system
- Thwarts viruses, bacterial infections and funguses
- Acts as an antimutagenic (prevent damage to DNA to lower risk of carcinogens and mutagens)
- Improves digestion
- Overcomes acid-reflux disease (GERD)
- Heals ulcers
- Relieves symptoms of Crohn's disease
- Improves skin tone
- Defends against premature wrinkles
- Acts as an astringent and tightens skin
- Antioxidants may thwart cancers such as breast, lung, and stomach
- Reduce arthritis pain
- Relieves symptoms of asthma
- Reduce risk for Alzheimer's
- Aids vision
- Maintains healthy teeth and gums
- Omega 3's improve mental clarity
- Better sleep
- Promotes overall wellness.
|organique acai testimonial|
That's a handful and I'm sorry if this post has dragged on for as long as it is. I hope you don't find it dragging but coming from someone with chronic stomach pains, I would read and appreciate articles that are complete and precise.
SO HOW MUCH and DOSAGE?
P2,500/bottle, 1-2 shots/day. Translates to 1 bottle per month per person. Take first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and no liquids or food for at least 20 minutes afterwards. Can mix into a smoothie or add to juice. Kid friendly.
Yes, I know, even I find P2500 quite pricey but before you go out looking for cheaper alternatives, know that the brand ORGANIQUE ACAI is the only USDA-approved Acai Berry food supplement in the market and contains the highest concentration of acai berry.
But when you're at that age and state of needing to drink "maintenance meds", P2500 is pretty reasonable and it doesn't attack your liver the same way traditional meds do.
According to Diego Castro who was present at the lunch to give his testimonial, drinking Organique Acai helped cure him of his hypertension and he is no longer dependent on "maintenance drugs".
For me, I recently realized how much the old cliche "Health is Wealth" statement holds true. Being constantly sick and in pain is not only debilitating but also depressing + you can't enjoy ANYTHING. Money is nothing when you're sick and if spending P2500 month can help me enjoy life more than why not?
ORGANIQUE ACAI IS AVAILABLE AT: Mercury Drug, Watsons, Robinsons Supermarket and Pure Pharmacy.