What I Wore Today: Rainy Sunny Day
Sorry if I'm a bit haggard looking, my days have just been really jam-packed, stressful, busy but happy lately. Anyway, that's besides the point. I'm here to talk about the weather AGAIN. lol :P Only because it's such an essential part of Manila's Street Style dressing (in my humble opinion) because the weather we've been experiencing lately is so erratic.
I present to you example no 1:
You wake up all chilly and rainy outside, you prepare your breakfast, take a shower, dress up for a rainy day but mid-way, the clouds part and the sun starts to shine brightly over the metro with intense heat that requires dressing in shorts. So you follow suit ad grab your favorite pair of shorts, only to find out a few hours later that a downpour is getting ready to rain on your cute semi-summer ensemble.
It can get really confusing sometimes so this is the easiest way I came up with to be able to cope with the ever changing weather:
- A simple cotton shirt that's easy to layer and cool enough to wear in the heat.
- A hat to keep the rain away from your head.
- Boots...because I can't stand wet feet, keep them ankle length to avoid looking awkward when the sun starts shining again mid-day.
- A light sweater for cover- up in case it gets chilly ( and because I don't have a rain jacket. It is so difficult finding an interesting one worth my time, but I have been looking for one high and low, trust me :S)
The preview best dressed ball is coming up and my friend Mikka of http://mischmashbymikka.blogspot.com/ was entertaining the idea of us grazing the event, I thought the Studio 54 theme was fun so although I didn't really say yes yet, I decided to look for some inspiration by watching the movie 54 again for some fashion ideas. Haven't seen it again since '98 so my recollection of the movie was quite vague.
After watching it though, I realized that:
- If you do decide to wear clothes at 54, you don't keep them on for very long once inside.
- Crazy hats are the way to go.
- Crazy attitude even better.
- Look like a Vegas show-girl.
- Boobies are the strongest fashion statement.
- Hottest accessory is a young, topless, Ryan Philippe...
Are you going? :)