What To Do In Manila During Holy Week
Although the weather makes it tempting sometimes, I don't really enjoy going away on vacation during Holy Week unless it's somewhere out of the country. The traffic getting to wherever and the throngs of people I know I'll be expecting at my destination give it a bad taste in my mouth. I'd rather save my money and use it to go on vacation when most tourists have alread returned to the city.
So this post is for those who feel bad about not being able to go anywhere this week...
Here are some of the pros of staying in Manila during Holy Week and some activities you can do while you're at it:
- No traffic! Which means you have all the luxury in the world to go wherever you want. We usually drive around the city and hunt for the rare coffee shop or restaurant open for business. It's fun :)
- Organize - time to clean up the house and get rid of al that trash. I'm kinda OC so this is a somewhat fun activty for me :)
- Home Improvement - Now's the time to paint that room or hang up those paintings on the wall.
- Swimming - Take your kids swimming at a friends condo/home or nearby country club.
- Barbecue - great time for a backyard barbecue plus swimming!
- DIY projects - bleach those shorts, cut-out those shoulders and make that necklace you've always wanted to create.
- Playtime with Kids - we rarely have the luxury of time and now that you do, take a cue from your child's imagination and play with them. Be a kid for a day.
- Go on a picnic - Ayala Triangle and The Fort are good places, so is the local cemetery ...we live in manila, we have few choices, try not to think of it as morbid rather open space and a time to visit your departed loved ones.
- Day trip to Tagaytay or Laguna - Kinda cheating here :D
- Bake or Paint - another fun activity for kids.
- DIY Easter Egg Hunt
- DVD Marathon!
- Doggie Day Out
- Gardening - therapeutic fun while lowering your carbon footprint at the same time
- Invite friends/family who have nowhere to go and make it an impromptu reunion.
Have I convinced you yet? Any suggestions? Add more to the list in the comments section below, I'd love to hear what you think! :)