Mamita's Meatball Recipe
A simple recipe I grew up with that I thought you might enjoy. This deserves a slot in everyone's list of delicious comfort foods.
|succulent meatballs that will have your family fighting over the last piece!|
- 1 medium-large onion, finely chopped
- about 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 kilo lean ground pork
- tomato sauce
- soy sauce
- sugar (optional)
- Saute onions and garlic in a deep saute pan, let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, sauteed onions and garlic, salt. Mix well.
- Re-heat pan, you may need to add a little more oil, for ground pork mixture into balls and carefully place in hot pan, adjust your flame from high to low as needed to make sure your meatballs are cooked throug and through. Don't move the meatballs around as this may cause them to break aprt. Just leave to cook and turn once.
- Add 1 packet of tomato sauce and refill packet with water twice and add to pan.
- Add about 1 ladle of soy sauce and let simmer and reduce til your sauce reaches a thick consistency. You may add about 1/2 tbsp of sugar if you like it sweet or if you're using regular tomato sauce. No need to add sugar if you use "Pinoy Style" tomato sauce.
- Serve with hot white rice. Enjoy!