how to wear white on white
White on white is one of the hottest trends this Spring 2013 or Summer 2013 (since we are in the P.I.) and for good reason since nothing can look fresher than pure white. You'd think it'd be one of those easier looks to pull off since it's basically monochrome but in actuality, it is quite tricky. White on white can easily look "clinical" if you're not careful. Here are some tips to avoid making that mistake.
- Stay away from head to toe tailored pieces unless it's Stella McCartney or Celine :P, leave this to the pros. Try to keep it at one tailored piece at a time.
- If you must, or would like to wear this look to the office, make sure your tailored pieces have a relaxed, slouchy feel.
- Break it up with little pops of color here and there.
- White looks great with silver/gray and neons.
- Mix textures and silhouettes.
- If you're still iffy, go with off-white or cream.
There you go! Here's my interpretation of the look in a casual outfit I wore to the movies...yup, hence the jacket. Otherwise, I wouldn't even dare go near it.
|white on white fashion|
And here's a great buy I made several days ago in ZARA, it's like one of those "steal vs splurge" of the highly covetable Alexander Wang Marion bag. I actually kinda prefer the steel chain on this since it makes it more versatile. Also love the size. Despite looking small, it fits all my essentials: a bulky wallet, sunglasses, cellphone, lipstick, swiss army knife, compact, keys, rosary, etc.
|alexander wang marion bag|
The pricier alternative:
Lastly, these brogues were such a steal at SM Parisian, got it for only P400 and they're comfy as hell too!
|white on white street style|
forever 21 white biker jacket | promod white skinny jeans | sm accessories neon belt | zara bag | sm parisian brogues | cotton on mirror sunglasses | nars lodhi satin lip pencil | perfect white shirt gray muscle tee