dungarees street style - style tips
Been obssesed with this childhood revival for quite some time now but I haven't been able to post a proper ootd in them until now. Although my instagram feed has a couple of mirror shots in both a shorts version like this one and a pants version.
I won't lie, I first felt a bit of apprehension approaching this trend. Even a bit intimidated if I must say. On kids, they are a no-brainer and always look adorable. On adults, it can get a bit trickier. Which is why rather than spending a small fortune on jumpers and overalls from Topshop, Stradivarius and the like, I decided to go with a more affordable version from Chicnova instead. And bless me, quality is just as good.
And now, some how to's and tips to consider when putting on a pair of dungarees:
- heels are always the safest option although try to keep it minimal
- wear an oversized jacket or blazer over it to camouflage hips and make it look a bit more sophisticated
- get a pair with a relaxed fit for an effortless chic look. tight ones can make you look like you're trying too hard
- pair with crop shirt or sweaters if you can
- if cropped isn't an option, button-down shirts, black or white shirts and striped shirts always look good.
- if the weather doesn't permit outerwear, use a big bag to cover your hips partially :P
|dungarees street style fashion outfits|
|denim dungarees street style fashion outfit|
|denim jumper overalls shorts street style fashion outfit|
|how to wear denim dungarees shorts street style fashion outfit|
|white obey snapback baseball cap trilogy|
chicnova dungarees | topshop white cotton shirt | obey snapback from trilogy boutique| gold dot white pumps | sm parisian studded bucket bag | nick automatic sunglasses
JOIN MY GIVEAWAYS: