recipe: truffle cream pasta with asparagus and king sue bacon
Ni hao! Still have a bit of a hangover from my vacation and Chinese New Year which is when these King Sue goodies were gifted to me.
|king sue ham|
It may not look so great in the photo because I admittedly did not plate it properly but I assure you it's yummy and very easy to prepare.
for 4 big servings.
- about 400 grams pasta
- 1 carton all purpose cream
- 2 tsp. olive oil (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- Italian seasoning
- 1 bundle asparagus (sliced)
- about 6 strips of King Sue bacon sliced into bits (there's no exact science, its up to you)
- about a cup of pasta water
- milk (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 1-2 tbsp. truffle oil or truffle flavored olive oil (what I use, way cheaper ;))
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
- When cooked, set aside about a cup of the pasta water, drain noodles.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry bacon or skip the oilve oil completely and just use oil from bacon
- Saute onions
- Once onions are almost translucent, add in garlic
- When garlic is half-way cooked, pour in the entire contents of your all-purpose cream, stir and bring to a boil, simmer
- When sauce thickens, put in asparagus and add some pasta water or milk a little at a time while continuously stirring to achieve desired consistency
- add as much salt, pepper, italian seasoning as you like
- stir in truffle oil/truffle flavored oil
- add pasta to sauce and you're done.
* you can add as much truffle oil as you like but I find it overwhelming so I only put a bit for a nice and flavorful undertone. Dennis just drizzles it all over his pasta. To each his own but it's best to put a little first then to put too much. You can always add at the table later on.