#OOTD |TAPENADE| CULOTTES FOR PETITES
It figures that I would name this ootd after food! I have been over eating lately and I can't control it but oh well, YOLO.
My past few days have been spent working on Beach Born and trying to write about my visit to the Uluwatu Temple in Bali but I can't seem to find the right words to begin my article, the experience was so overwhelming (in a good way, which makes it doubly difficult to justify in writing).
So I guess I might as well squeeze in a few style posts while I gather my thoughts...
|culottes street style|
|lace up gladiator sandals outfit|
So anyway, if you're petite like me, you might have found culottes a bit challenging to pull off but don't shy away from this comfortable and VERY versatile style option just yet.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO CONSIDER WHEN PETITES SHOP FOR CULOTTES:
- Length. Culottes come in different lengths, if your petite it's best to stick with those that fall just beneath the knee, longest you can pull off is probably mid calf, shy away from those that fall close to the ankles
- Cut. At all costs, avoid those that are wide and go down stiffly in a straight line. Instead, shop for slimmer cuts or those that mimic a midi skirt.
- Fabric. Just like the cut, avoid stiff fabrics, instead choose soft ones that suggest movement.
|olive culottes street style|
HOW TO LOOK TALL | STYLING TIPS:
- Walk tall
- Heels. If you can't be bothered like me, go for shoes that are open and not too busy. Ballet flats also work well. Just nothing that hugs the ankle. I chose lace-up gladiators cause they train the eye to move upwards.
- ***Sneakers won't do much to elongate your figure but if you're after the quirky/avant-garde/Japanese street style look, then a pair of Stan Smiths would look really cute.
- Keep your top minimal. Sleek lines and nothing too frilly.
|how to wear culottes for petites|
WHERE TO BUY:
I've found some great, flattering options in Unqilo, Stradivarius and SM Woman. All cost less than 2k.
|tan fringe jacket street style|
|where to buy culottes for petites|
OUTFIT DETAILS: Uniqlo Culottes | Topshop Tank | Zara Fringe Cardi | Mango Gladiator Sandals | Promod Bucket Bag | Rayban Clubmasters