MADONNA'S IMMORTAL BEAUTY SKINCARE ROUTINE
♫ I was beat, incomplete,
I had bags, I was tired that's true
But this made me feel
Dewy and new... ♪ ♬
Read more to find out how Madonna keeps her skin looking young and radiant without surgery.
Before I go on, I just want to say that I am not narcissistic nor am I trying to compare myself to the queen in any way.
She's US, I'm PI. Different monarchies. Hehe
Kidding aside, I was asked to write this article because...
☞ A. She's coming to Manila this month for the Rebel Heart Tour ♰
☞ B. They like my skin and said I don't age much so I'm the perfect person to write about this. (okay, I hope you agree )
Incidentally, upon researching, I found out that we do in fact share almost identical daily skincare routines!
This is ASIAN-ized by the way.
I use different products because, hello, budget constraints but the routine is more or less the same as hers.
FIRST UP, THE DAILIES
Or stuff I use everyday, twice a day. This is important ☞ I never skip a day no matter how drunk or exhausted I am.
- For cleansing, I like Bioré 's 2-in-1 foaming cleanser and make-up remover. I like it because it makes the process quicker. Gets rid of 90% of my make-up or 100% just by washing when I'm not using heavy-duty waterproof brands.
- Olay Toner and Miracle Boost Serum because they work and are affordable!
- Laneige Time Freeze Eye Cream and Moisturizer (life changing!)
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray
NEXT, THE ONCE IN AWHILES
Products I use, once a week or as needed.
- Kracie Facial Mask from Beauty Bar - brightens, moisturizes, tightens!
- Dermalogica Exfoliant - it's gentle but does the job
- Body Shop Body Butter - it's not just your face but also the rest of your body! I'm in love with their Frosted Plum line. Smells so good and the body butter is also ultra-moisturizing!
LAST, THE TRAVEL BUDDIES
Stuff I never travel without! Nivea Sun Protects System and Zenutrients Argan Skin Salvation for when my skin gets too dry to damage. Also doubles well as an eye cream, lip balm, and make-up remover.
HOW YOU APPLY IT IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS WHAT YOU PUT ON!HERE'S HOW.
△ △ △
- Begin your ritual by cleansing thoroughly and getting rid of all make-up residue.
- Air dry.
- Follow it up with a toner. Apply gently using upward strokes across your face AND neck.
- Next, apply your serum by placing the right amount in your palm. Rub your hands together to warm and activate then press onto skin.
- Spritz on a facial spray, let set for a few seconds.
Seal with moisturizer by dabbing on 5 points across your face...forehead, cheeks, chin, and neck...
This is how you "press" your moisturizer:
Finish off with a good eye cream or serum. ONLY use your pinky to apply across your eye area. Try to use as little pressure as possible.
Yes, yes...it may seem tedious but once you see Madonna up front in all her glowing glory...wait, what?
Yes! Don't have tickets to the Rebel Heart Concert in Manila yet?
Check this out...
Apart from solving puzzles with the 'Hunt for the Rebel Heart' contest, Huawei is also giving customers a chance to win concert tickets at the Huawei Ball Pit event.
Those availing a Globe myLifestyle Plan bundled with select Huawei devices at Globe Stores in GMA automatically get 2 passes to the Ball Pit event at SM Mall of Asia on February 21. Instant prizes are up for grabs including Huawei devices and of course, Madonna Rebel Heart tour concert tickets for two! ♔
Touched for the very first time! Hoo!
Hahaha just kidding! Don't use that hashtag. The right ones are #BeOneWithMadonna and #GlobeMadonna
See you there??? ♡
MALL OF ASIA | FEBRUARY 24 and 25, 2016